Thursday, February 10, 2005

On Sinking

There is no coincidence, no mindless happenstance, no random connection not originating from the deep. In truth, each joining is a miracle, every overlap a mystery, and each day I turn to find connections more succinct, more pointedly mine.

A businessman, no part of my life, crossed my path and invited me to step away from his resume and view his photo-writing blog.

How can it be amidst quotidian office tasks an unknown man in a far-off distant place hands me words that reach my spirit in ways he couldn't possibly anticipate. He knows not my interests, has no idea my deep pursuits.

I opened the page he invited me to see, and there adorning his photo series on the sinking of a barge, a gift was found, words I needed to find...

...we all find our own level
and is sinking such a fate to avoid,
letting go into the murk,
carrying a cargo of broken branches?...

I barely know his name, yet his words remained with me the rest of the day and shall remain for days on end. is sinking such a fate to avoid... And today of all days, a sad day when I most assuredly feel my own craft perishing...is sinking such a fate to avoid...

Those seven words were sufficient cause for me to ponder many hours and yet there were more...

...letting go into the murk, carrying a cargo of broken branches?

I am not only sinking, but slipping into murky waters (I feel the thickness of the dark even as I read the words) and doing so with a full cargo of broken branches. Broken joy? Broken dreams? Broken spirit?

And yet his photograph, and his words, suggest there is no shame, no loss, perhaps no despair, in the sinking.

...we all find our own level. and is sinking such a fate to avoid, letting go into the murk, carrying a cargo of broken branches?...

And I relax, allow the darkness and the murk to carry me into the deep...

http://marcoclicks.typepad.com/marcoclicks_weekly/

No comments: