Monday, January 16, 2006

intuition

the Universe provides exquisite, profound support for our journey, but we live in a culture filled with so much noise and movement it has become impossible for most to feel the gifts provided.

i came from a childhood built on scriptures and sermons and i had chosen my favorite words to be "be still, and know that I am God..." and yet until very recently i was almost completely out of touch with feeling the profound presence of the Guidance the Universe has given me.

~ ~ ~

i was struggling with what is called Intuition, the experience of knowing or sensing without the use of rational processes, a sensing on the inside, a knowing in the physical world from a source in the spiritual. i never sought or claimed anything like being a psychic (a practice not blessed by the church in my youth), but when what seemed to be powerful, deep intuitions within me struggled to survive (i have had a couple of what seemed to be powerful intuitions in my life), i questioned the truth of my having any sense of connection. i didn't question that it works for other people, but i began to believe it wasn't inside me. just about that time i received an unexpected, unsolicited package in the mail. it was a newly marketed razor for women, called Intuition. well, call me slow or blind or unconscious, but the significance didn't hit me at first. as i continued to struggle with feeling any certainty about my own inner Guidance, i stepped into my shower shortly after receiving the unexpected gift and the words INTUITION cried out to me while i stood under warm waters pouring over my naked body. i suddenly began to see some significance in my receiving this unsolicited product. (i didn't find anyone else who received this expensive new razor as a marketing ploy.)

this message might have been enough for many people (and would be for me now), but several weeks later i found myself struggling again with trying to believe in my ability to feel true Intuition. during this time of uncertainty, one day i chose to wear a different perfume from my regular practice, one from a new miniature bottle. i sprayed it over me without looking at it and went on about my business. the perfume was lovely, hovering about me in a sweet presence the entire day. when i returned to my bedroom that night i made a point of looking to see what was the fragrance that had held me the past several hours. i picked up the tiny bottle and read the words in all capital letters, INTUITION, by estee lauder. i knew then my own Intuition was trying to speak to me.

the Universe has given Intuition to everyone for guidance on our paths. but what about sensing or feeling something that doesn't work out? i found my answer in the television program "medium" on nbc. i love the richness of this show as i watch the leading character practice with her gifts. she makes mistakes, she struggles to get it right, but she consistently grows in her understanding. becoming attuned to our own Intuition is not unlike building our body in fitness practices. we must be attentive, study, practice, and grow. and we will make mistakes. a gift is not given fully developed, be it playing concert piano or knowing our own Intuition.

as i have become more attentive and more accepting, the Universe has become far more active, far more present, in supporting me and bringing exactly what i need at exactly the time i need it. it sometimes seems almost like miracles or like magic, but it is simply the way of Life. what we need is there if we are looking for it and practicing how to recognize it.

as i have been quieting my life, as i have been removing various stimulants and stimulations, as i have been shielding myself into practices of extreme silence, i have begun to "feel" my own vibrations and my own inner Guide. i am becoming far more aware of my own Intuition. it does not appear in the boldest letters or in the strongest voice, but is found in the places of greatest stillness.

4 comments:

Awakened1 said...

Its good to see this out there in cyber land. Check out my writings, all about collective consciousness and the current awakening....

peace and light

Neal said...

I just finished watching "The House of Flying Daggers", then I stumbled upon your website and this post. It seems like you were struck by a dagger in the form of a razor, with the word "intuition" on it.

But like a pivotal scene in the movie, the question is, "who threw the dagger"?

diana christine said...

awakened1 ~ thank you for visiting and letting me know you were here. you have a beautiful site that begs me take a look at what you have written...

diana christine said...

neal ~ ah, yes...but i think i threw it, or God within me, or that which I AM...