Friday, January 20, 2006

meditation

wouldn't it be easy
you might ask
once i find the perfect pitch
to hold that perfect note
all my days

but no
for a hundred different tunes
or a hundred times a hundred
beg me to listen to their own
and i am left to struggle
to hear my song

wouldn't it be easy
you might ask
once i taste the perfect scent
to follow that same fragrance
all my days

but no
for a hundred different smells
or a hundred times a hundred
compel me to indulge
in their own flavors
and i must work to attend
my own sweetness


photography by graham jeffrey

2 comments:

Troy said...

Oh, how I know of what you write here. Diana. Maybe the trick is discovering the note of ourselves and the scent of God in all of these various diversions. Maybe then, we can always hear our song and smell His scent, even in our emptiness.

diana christine said...

oh troy, beautifully expressed...