Sunday, January 21, 2007

awakening

i hungered all my life
to be awake
as i am this moment
mySelf shifted to the front
all else reduced to second place

here, now
light embraces me
shadow supports me
silence speaks to me
noise has become a muffled din

everything around me awakens
snow draped over branches
reflects radiance from a moon that guides me
and i have never known greater beauty
than what enfolds me now
i drink deeply

i hungered all my life
to be awake
as i am this moment
i am at once every~thing
and no~thing at all

it could be a fearful hope
to be able to see clearly
to know truth, suffering, the way things are
yet in its rendering
Consciousness reflects joy with every sorrow
confers salve for its own wounds
otherwise it is incomplete

i struggled
even more
than i am likely willing to lay claim
yet i found
in each dreadful labor, new birthing
and never an effort borne in vain

hard-won, my Awakening begs devotion
i protect it as i would my new-born child
i want no slumber
for fear when sleep is wiped from my brow
i will not remember as i am now
but Consciousness seeks my trust
what is, Is, and shall remain

so i lay me down to rest

i hungered all my life
to be awake
as i am this moment
and this moment
is for a lifetime

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

Lovely. And thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm adding you to my blogroll.
Yankee T

diana christine said...

yankee ~ i am honored to be presented on your lovely site and i thank you for such a gift.