Tuesday, February 20, 2007

on my side

"be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side..."

"i'm on your side" we often hear one say to another and in the saying we offer our support to a friend, a colleague, a loved one. "i agree with you" is a bit of what we are saying.

the Universe is not careless in its expressions, not abstract in its messages. "be still my soul, the Lord is on thy side" seems to me to be a message for something deeper, something more true. the Lord is on thy side has become literal to me, opening to me the realization of the presence of the Universe right here, right now, at my side, just as a guardian angel who never leaves her babe.

during the past several days my understanding of the presence of the Source of Life being right here at my side, fully and literally, has begun a deeper shift in my own way of life. my path is unfolding under my feet and i am becoming more of who i am.

photography by permission

1 comment:

Concetta said...

I'm popping over for a quick hello and to tell you that I'm thinking about you. It's time for sleep, but I'll be back for a leisurely read soon.

Cheers!
- Concetta