Sunday, June 10, 2007

back again

i have been absent for a long time and i apologize for so lengthy a departure. i am sorry i have not stayed in touch.

my travels have taken me across the country several times and up and down the west coast. my eyes have beheld wonders of mountains and plains, deserts and lakes, meadows and snow fields. in my many flights i've sat with my nose pressed to the airplane window that i not miss a single breathtaking view. i had my first visit to the splendor of the northwest and repeat visits to the soft embrace of the southwest and the midwest. during the past weeks i saw incredible strength and beautiful bravery in the ordinary people around me, in the native american healer serving his people and organizing a mission, in the 30-year-old iron woman athlete flying across the country seeking a doctor to diagnose her unexplained illness, in the breast cancer survivor traveling to care for her ailing father, in the 12-year-old student traveling to speak before congress in washington. to everyone i met, i thank you for the privilege to be witness to your beauty and your strength. i wish you continued blessings in all you do.

to those of you who wrote to me expressing that you miss me or inquiring into my wellbeing, i thank you. and to you, who has never commented or written but you read me every day, i thank you. thank you for your commitment. thank you for your faithfulness. thank you for your presence. even in your silence, your presence is a contribution to my world. thank you for the gift of you.

i am happy to be back with all of you. i thought of you often. i missed you too.

diana christine

photography by permission

No comments: