Tuesday, April 15, 2008

april 15, 2008

today is a day of celebration, as it is every year on april 15. today i paid my taxes, and i give thanks that i am able to do so.

during the past several years i have found april 15 is not a day to complain about being required to give to the irs something of what i have earned, but rather it is a day to take joy in having had another year of making a living, of working, of receiving in return for my labors. there are many around the world who would envy the position i hold.

and so it is that when i sealed my envelopes today for the department of the treasury and the comptroller of maryland, i breathed a prayer of thanksgiving. i am given many gifts, and being able to pay taxes is one of my gifts.

(a special thanks to my tax lady Diane for helping make it happen…)

photography by permission
cindy lee jones

No comments: